Tuesday, February 12, 2013

MY TRIP TO ANANDA DAY CARE CENTRE

MY TRIP TO ANANDA DAY CARE CENTRE



For many weeks I waited for this journey and the day finally came. My brother and I wore our clothes and headed for Mayfair. By the time we got there everyone was ready waiting and anxious to go. We were accompanied by Aunty Gladys,Sensei, Sempais and some of the Staff from the Gym. We all boarded the bus and headed to the “Day Care Centre”. Before reaching the Centre life was different for the people living around that area. We passed through many places; firstly it was ‘Banana’ then ‘Ukonga’ where there was a prison and thereafter ‘Gongo la mboto’ then ‘Pugu’ and lastly ‘Kisarawe’. Finally after an hour’s ride we got to “ANANDA DAY CARE CENTRE” The Centre is situated near a stinky dumpsite. There were countless flies everywhere...
  Children from the village stood in one straight line ready to greet us by saying “Namaste”. There were a lot of dogs and puppies around the village. After seeing how the children at the village lived I felt like crying. At that moment I was thankful for all that I have. I could not imagine that some children could sleep on an empty stomach. I replaced myself with them and finally understood that life is difficult out there.We were offered drinks, slices of bread and biscuits. We had lots of fun and our “Group Leader” made us play games to keep close tie with the village kids. I made friends with Furaha the funniest of them all, Abdul, Johnes, Shakira, Rukaya, Sude, Hamisi, Faraji and many others. I could see hope in their eyes despite the difficulties they were facing in life hoping that  some day in their lives they would be someone and were not ready to give up...
 All the children at the centre were from poor families unable to obtain their daily needs. The sad truth is they have never seen a luxurious life nor enjoyed the facilities we have. We all have our needs and wants but we never get enough of them. We need to change and be fair!
 Competitions were played tired we got, I could not believe that the happiest day of my life was finally coming to an end. Saying goodbye to my new friends was the saddest moment of my life. From the bottom of my heart, I thank Aunty Gladys, Mr. Satya and all those who help the poor children. I thank them for their hard work and efforts.
 My eyes are now open and I now know how people in this world live and strive for life is totally different from how you and I live. I have learnt a lesson, life is difficult. In my opinion “life is a game sometimes you win and sometimes you lose” but always remember to live life before life lives you...
As we enjoyed our ride back to Mayfair, we sang, talked and also ate fries. We became more of friends, respected each other and more so our elders. We learnt there should be no gender discrimination.






Well we were more than a JKA Team!

CONCLUSION:
 Well know I know that I have to be friendly, respect others and never give up. I have to help me fellows in any difficulty they are facing. I have to love everyone and respect them even the youngest of them all. Lastly, we all have to avoid “Racial Discrimination”
A very big and warm thank you to the entire JKA/WF-Tanzania Team, this journey has changed me “the outer way and also the inner way”

Fatemeh Talebi.   

                               



1 comment: